C.A.R.E.S is a Prospera Service First program through which we strive to provide ever-improving service to our Financial Advisors.
Here’s how the program works (all times shown are Central Standard Time and all hours are Prospera’s normal business hours):
We have Service Standards in all areas of our brokerage firm. We have also developed Service Standards for our sales assistants in the corporate office. Prospera guarantees that these standards will be met or we will pay you $50 in addition to resolving your issue promptly.
We have a Service First communication forum on our firm Intranet. This tool allows you to:
- Compliment an employee or department
- Give us your feedback and your ideas on what we’re doing and how we can do things better.
- Inform us of any circumstances in which we have not met one of our Prospera Service Standards.
All communications via Service First go directly to Prospera’s Senior Management Team where they are handled promptly.
C.A.R.E.S is Prospera’s commitment to deliver excellent customer service. This philosophy aligns with Prospera’s core values and guiding principals and ensures that every advisor interaction is a great experience. Our firm takes great pride in the level of service that is provided to our financial advisors and sales assistants. C.A.R.E.S stands for Consistency, Accuracy, Responsiveness, Empathy and Service
- We will take ownership and accept responsibility for the service we provide to our financial advisors.
- We will make it easy and work smart.
- We keep our knowledge and skills current
- We will strive to get accurate answers to our advisors the first time.
- We will listen carefully to you and ask clarifying questions.
- We are committed to give correct information, and take responsibility for resolving mistakes.
- We work to make our responses clear and understandable.
- We will provide timely service to you.
- We will acknowledge your phone call or email.
- We will process items per our Service Standards.
- We will provide you with regular status updates on the progress of your requests.
- We will place ourselves in your position and consider how the services we provide you affect your clients.
- We will be respectful, professional and helpful in all interactions.
- We aim to fulfill your requests or look for alternative solutions.
- We will be reasonable, willing to understand and flexible.
- We will deliver to you predictable and reliable service.
- We will “Do the right thing”.
- We will contribute and add value wherever possible.
- We will have a positive attitude.
Communication Service Standards:
- Phone mail messages will be returned/acknowledged within 24 hours.
- Emails into BEST will be acknowledged within 24 hours.
Technology Service Standards:
- Routine move, add, change requests (MAC) received by 3pm, will be entered on the system with 24 hours.
- Technical Support will respond to technology problem calls affecting business critical applications within 24 hours. All other issues handled by Technical Support will have a response within 48 hours.
- Emails will be acknowledged within 24 hours.
Operational Service Standards:
For this section, Prospera’s Service Standard Guarantee requires that ALL the following operational service requests must be sent via:
- Outgoing FED WIRES received in good order, by the designated cutoff time of 1:30pm will be processed the same day.
- Instructions to transfer assets between accounts received in good order by 2:00 pm will be processed same day.
- Check requests received by 12:30pm will be processed the same day.
- ACH requests received by 1:30 pm in good order will be processed same day.
- In-coming checks received for deposit, will be processed same day if received by 2:30pm, provided information is available for good receipt.
- All routine IRA distributions will be processed same day if received by 12:30pm and all documentation is received in good order.
- For eligible positions, ACAT delivery transfers will be completed within the industry standard of 8 business days provided all paperwork is in good order and request does not reject.
- Non-ACAT delivery transfers will be forwarded to FCC for processing within 24 hours of receipt. FCC’s timeframe of completion is usually 20 days.
- Mutual fund cancel and corrects will be submitted to FCC within 24
hours (cutoff times for load/no load & same day/next day trades are all different varying between 12:00 pm to 3:00).
- Equity cancel and corrects will be corrected same day if trading receives information by 2:00pm.
- Tax loss letters will be processed within 24 hours of receipt.
- Register and ship will be processed within 24 hours of receipt.
- All reorg notices will be submitted within 24 hours of receipt.
- All physical certificates will be booked same day as received.
- ESOP applications will be processed same day if all paperwork received is correct.
- DTC free delivery requests with valid and accurate delivery instructions submitted will be sent to FCC same day if received by 12:00pm.
- Advantage check orders will be processed and entered on the FCC system within 24 hours of receipt if application is marked URGENT.
- All New accounts will be set up same day if received in the branch in good order by 2:00pm. (Transitions may not apply).
- Special order supplies from FCC will be ordered within 24 hours of request.
- All incoming mail will be distributed within 2 hours of receipt in office.
- All annuity contracts received in the home office will be logged in and placed into RM’s folder same day.
Relationship Managers Service Standards:
- Review and respond to paperwork same day if received by 12:00pm, otherwise next business day. (Excluding Direct Business)
- Acknowledge & assign all issues submitted to Relationship Managers within 24 hours.
- Communicate firm policy and procedure changes on or before date of change.
- Help resolve compensation issues within 48 hours.
- Review and respond to annuity paperwork within 7 days of date of client’s signature.
Accounting/Benefits Service Standards:
- Commission checks will be processed and paid on the 15th of the month, unless it falls on a weekend in which case payroll will be the preceding Friday.
- Snapshots will be distributed at least one day before commission checks are cut.
- Summit Account fees will be posted by the 25th of each month.
- Commission checks received directly to Prospera will be posted by the end of the next business day.
- 401K deposits will be processed within 30 days of payroll.
- Blotters will be posted by 9:30 am unless there is a technical difficulty. Delays will be communicated by 9:30 am via e-mail.
- Check requests will be processed within three business days.
Marketing Service Standards:
- Marketing materials request for Prospera brochures will be filled within 24 hours.
Compliance Service Standards:
- Advertising/sales literature requests will receive a response within 48 hours of receipt unless FINRA approval is required.
- Seminar reviews and approvals will be processed within one week of receipt unless FINRA approval is required.
- State registration requests will be entered on CRD within 48 hours of notice.
- Notice of continuing education requirements will be made at
approximately 90 days in advance of regulatory deadlines and
reminders will be sent out at approximately 60 and 30 days in advance of the deadline.
- Form U-4 amendments will be made within 72 hours of event notice unless 3rd party advice is required.
Our Commitment to You
This is our on-going commitment to you, as our financial advisors. Getting service quality right is about C.A.R.E.S. Consistency, Accuracy, Responsiveness, Empathy and Service. This commitment to service has won us Broker Dealer of the Year three times.